Several types of treatment are available:
- Treatments consist of steroids with occlusion, silicone gel, Retin-A, hydroquinone, Vitamin E and other topical treatments.
- Intralesional steroids are used mostly for keloids, hypertrophic, contractures and facial scars and consists of injections of steroids into the usually thick, red, raised scars.
- Chemical peels may be helpful to remove upper layers of skin and the scars contained therein.
- Microdermabrasion is an in-office procedure for quick and comfortable immediate treatment of many types of scars.
- Dermabrasion is more extensive and aggressive than microdermabrasion and may be helpful.
- CO2 laser resurfacing surgery is very effective in raised scars, while reddened scars may be lessened with the pulse dye laser.
- Soft tissue injectable fillers are often effective and may include Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra, and occasionally, fat grafting.
Contact (337) 237-0650 to schedule your appointment!