SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE NOW! CALL (337) 237-0650
The doctors at the Acadian Ear, Nose & Throat Center can help you with disorders of the ear, nose and throat.
What is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngology is the medical specialty that deals with the ear, nose, and throat (known as ENT), as well as the structures in the head and neck that relate to the ENT area. This includes issues with hearing (audiology), nose and sinus problems, larynx, mouth and throat, and head and neck deformities, trauma or tumors.
Subspecialities of Otolaryngology
At the Acadian Ear, Nose, & Throat Center, all our doctors are board-certified in otolaryngology. Our staff includes several doctors of audiology as well as highly trained physician assistants and medical assistants. No matter what you may need, you will find the correct diagnosis and treatment at Acadian. Because otolaryngology covers such a wide spectrum of conditions, the field is divided into smaller sub-specialties. Each of our doctors are trained and experienced in most or all of the sub-specialties, to provide you with the most comprehensive care possible.
- Otology/Neurotology: We have a fellowship-trained otologist on staff that helps diagnose and treat disorders of the ears. This would include infection, injury or trauma, or nerve disorders that can affect hearing and equilibrium. These issues include tinnitus, hearing loss, swimmer’s ear, and chronic ear infections.
- Allergy: Seasonal allergies, hay fever, and environmental allergies, as well as chronic sinusitis, sore throat and laryngitis can cause quite a reduction in your quality of life. Once diagnosed, allergy problems that affect your ears, nose, and throat can be treated using medication, allergy shots, or other methods, depending on the severity of your case.
- Rhinology: This refers to any sort of disorders of your nose or sinuses, including loss of smell, chronic stuffy nose or nosebleeds, tumors, or polyps.
- Laryngology: This covers disorders of the throat and includes any problems with your voice. Some of the issues you may need treated include hoarseness, chronic sore throat, infections, trouble swallowing, reflux, or tumors.
- Head & Neck: This sub-specialty deals with both benign and malignant tumors in your head and neck region, as well as any issues you may experience with your thyroid.
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: At Acadian, we have doctors trained in the facial plastic and reconstructive surgery specialty. They can address cosmetic and functional issues of the ENT area, such as repairing a deviated septum, turkey neck deformity, skin cancer removal as well as other cosmetic or functional issues.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology: This sub-specialty addresses ENT disorders or diseases in children. This could include chronic ear infections, tonsil infections, asthma, allergy or sinus issues, or abnormalities of the face and neck.
ACADIAN EAR, NOSE, & THROAT CENTER
The doctors at the Acadian ENT Center are here to help you with specific issues related to ear, nose, and throat disorders. We work with your family doctor or child’s pediatrician to offer the best treatment options for you. Our combined experience ensures that every patient receives accurate, personalized care.
We are pleased to announce that we now offer the Xoran MiniCAT™ – same day computed tomography (CT) scans of the sinuses and temporal bones (ear), which can help us diagnose and treat your ENT concerns more quickly.
We understand how valuable your time is and are committed to providing you with the highest quality of care possible. Call Acadian today at (337) 237-0650 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
In the United States, one in fifteen adults over the age of 18 report that they experience some degree of hearing loss, while nearly three of every 1,000 children are born with a detectable level of hearing loss. Otolaryngologists are specifically trained in the delicate structures of both the inner and outer ears and know how to treat ear disorders, whether medically or surgically. At the Acadian ENT Center, the ear issues we typically treat are:
- Hearing Loss
- Otitis Media
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
- Otitis Externa
- Perforated Ear Drum
- Meniere’s Disease
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aid
Over 30 million people are diagnosed with sinus-related issues in the U.S. each year, and nearly 15% of the population suffers from chronic symptoms. Sinusitis is a general term used to describe inflammation in the sinuses caused by allergies, bacteria, or side effects from certain diseases or injury. At Acadian Ear, Nose, & Throat Center, we treat sinusitis and related problems, including:
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Sleep Apnea
- Deviated Septum
- Smell and Taste Disorders
Your throat is home to some of the most vital parts of your anatomy – your esophagus is the entrance to your digestive system and your larynx (voice box) is how you communicate. Acadian Ear, Nose, & Throat Center can treat most any throat issue, including:
- Swallowing disorders
We also have ear, nose, and throat specialists on staff that are experienced in performing both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery to treat more serious conditions and restore function.
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that is described by abnormal pauses in breathing or instances of abnormally low breathing, during sleep. Each pause in breathing is called an apnea. It can last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes. An apnea can also occur 5 to 30 times or more an hour. Likewise, each abnormally low breathing event is called a hypopnea.
HEAD & NECK CANCER
Being diagnosed with cancer is never an easy thing to go through and can give patients fear and anxiety about the future. At Acadian ENT, we have extensive experience and innovative technologies to diagnose and treat specific types of cancer through minimally invasive procedures when possible. The medical professionals and surgical staff at Acadian ENT combine years of skill and knowledge dealing with head and neck cancer, bringing our patients comfort and reassurance in times of uncertainty.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
Our resource center provides support to our patients and offers helpful information to make your experience as pleasant as possible. We have a number of patient information forms available for download, as well as pre- and post-operative surgery instructions, insurance providers and a list of frequently asked questions. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Give us a call and we’ll help you out.
This place is amazing! I’ve been a patient there for years. Now that I have a child, he is a patient too. When we had his tubes put in, I was nervous just like any parent would be. The entire staff is great, always so friendly and accommodating. If you are looking for an ENT, look no further than Acadian ENT. You won’t be disappointed!
All the doctors are very informative and caring. The staff is amazing as well! They make sure you understand everything, and they explain it in ways you can understand. They are very passionate at everything they do!
Recently I had to visit an ENT for the very first time. I had no idea what to expect and very little understanding of what my issues were. Everyone at Acadian ENT were absolutely a delight to work with. They were caring, professional and pleasant from the moment we walked in the door. Each person that we interacted with explained my symptoms & treatment thoroughly and with a smile. I can’t recommend this place enough. 10 stars!
Every time I have an appointment here, they are Friendly, Professional, and go beyond trying to make you feel comfortable. But best of all they are absolutely the BEST!!!
Schedule an Appointment
"*" indicates required fields