JEFFREY J. JOSEPH, MD, FACS
Born in Crowley, Louisiana, Dr. Joseph began his private practice in ear, nose, throat and facial plastic surgery in Southwest Louisiana in 1993. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of New Orleans and received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans in 1986. He completed his Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at LSU, New Orleans in 1992, and became board certified in 1993. He then pursued and was accepted into the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program, one of only 38 positions in the country. He successfully completed the facial plastic surgery fellowship with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery under William E. Silver, MD in Atlanta, GA, in 1993, becoming board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997. It was during his fellowship that he, along with Dr. Silver, published “Uniform Rhinoplastic Documentation”, which is still widely utilized at facial plastic surgery meetings. He remains very active in the Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, serving on numerous national committees with facial plastic surgeons from other parts of the country.
In 2003, Dr. Joseph was the only Louisiana facial plastic surgeon included in the book of nationally recognized cosmetic surgeons called “The Beauty Makers”.
Dr. Joseph holds a faculty appointment at LSU-New Orleans in the Department of Otolaryngology-Division of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Joseph’s practice encompasses many issues related to the ear, nose and throat, as well as facial cosmetic and laser surgery, including rhinoplasty and rejuvenation surgery of the aging face.
Dr. Joseph has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® – In the category of Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
In Practice Since 1993
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Bachelor of Arts, Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans (1982)
Louisiana State University
School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, 1986
- University Medical Center-Lafayette, LA, July, 1986 – June, 1987
- General Surgery, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans (1988)
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans (1992)
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Preceptor: William E. Silver, MD
Atlanta, GA, July, 1992 – June, 1993
- Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology, 1993
- Diplomat, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1997
- Accepted as Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1998
Clinical Assistant Professor, October 1993
Louisiana State University Health Science Center
Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 1993-Present
- American Academy of Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, 1993-Present
- Lafayette Parish Medical Society, 2002-Present
- Lousiana State medical Society
- American College of Surgeons, 1994-Present
- Lyons, G.D., Nuss, D.W., Joseph, J.J. “Chronic Cough Due to Angiotension Converting Enzyme Inhibitors.” Ear, Nose, Throat Journal 69 (9): 649-651, 1990.
- Silver, W.E., Joseph, J.J. “Uniform Rhinoplastic Documentation.” Facial Plastic Times, April, 1993.
- Metzinger, S.E., Boyce, R.G., Rigby, P.L., Joseph, J.J., Anderson, J.R. “Ethmoid Bone Sandwich Grafting for Caudal Septal Defects.” Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck 1.20 (10): 1121-1125, 1994.
- “The Aging Forehead and Rejuvenation of the Brow”–Baton Rouge, LA 2009
- “Achieving Effective Results in Browlifting”–Orlando, FL 2014
- “Upper Lip Enhancement: Height, Volume or Both?”–Atlanta, GA 2015
- “Functional Rhinoplasty in the Treatment of Nasal Obstruction”–Sandestin, FL 2016
- “How I Introduce New Technology Into My Practice”–New Orleans, LA 2017
- “The Use of Long Lasting HAs & Collagen Stimulators”–New Orleans, LA 2017
- “Ten Steps to a More Successful Rhinoplasty”–Sandestin, FL 2017
- “Effective Brow Lifting”–Phoneix, AZ 2017
- “Simple Method for Tightening the Canthus”–Phoenix, AZ 2017
- “Effective Browlifting”–Baton Rouge, LA 2018
- “My Personal Approach to Browlifting”–New Orleans, 2018
- “Upper Lip Enhancement: Height, Volume or Both?”—New Orleans, LA 2018
- “Tips for Successful Upper Lid Blepharoplasty”–Dallas, TX 2018
- “Browlifts: Indications, Approaches and Tips”–New Orleans, LA 2019
- “Effective Brow Lifting”–San Diego, CA 2019
- “Lower Lid Blepharoplasty: Which Approach for Which Patient”–San Diego, CA 2019
- “Ptosis Repair Utilizing the Upper Blepharoplasty Approach” American Academy Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Boston, MA, 2020 Virtual Meeting/Presentation.
- “Lower Lid Blepharoplasty: An Algorithm for Successful Surgery” American Academy Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Boston, MA, 2020 Virtual Meeting/Presentation.