Jeffrey J. Joseph, MD, FACS
Diplomat, American Board of Otolaryngology
Diplomat, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Accepted as Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences from the University of New Orleans
- Medical Doctorate from LSU Health Sciences Center School of Medicine New Orleans
- Residency in General Surgery, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, 1988
- Residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery at LSU Health Sciences Center School of Medicine New Orleans
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Best Doctors in America® in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Lafayette Parish Medical Society
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery with William E. Silver, MD
- Lyons, G.D., Nuss, D.W., Joseph, J.J. “Chronic Cough Due to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors.” Ear, Nose, Throat Journal 69 (9): 649-651, 1990
- Silver, W.E., Joseph, J.J. “Uniform Rhinoplastic Documentation.” Facial Plastic Times, April 1993
- Metzinger, S.E., Boyce, R.G., Rigby, P.L., Joseph, J.J., Anderson, J.R. “Ethmoid Bone Sandwich Grafting for Caudal Septal Defects.” Archives of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck 1.20 (10): 1121-1125, 1994
- “Ptosis Repair Utilizing the Upper Blepharoplasty Approach”–Boston, MA, 2020
- “Lower Lid Blepharoplasty: An Algorithm for Successful Surgery”–Boston, MA, 2020
- “Browlifts: Indications, Approaches and Tips”–New Orleans, LA 2019
- “Effective Brow Lifting”–San Diego, CA 2019
- “Lower Lid Blepharoplasty: Which Approach for Which Patient”–San Diego, CA 2019
- “Effective Browlifting”–Baton Rouge, LA 2018
- “My Personal Approach to Browlifting”–New Orleans, 2018
- “Upper Lip Enhancement: Height, Volume or Both?”—New Orleans, LA 2018
- “Tips for Successful Upper Lid Blepharoplasty”–Dallas, TX 2018
- “How I Introduce New Technology Into My Practice”–New Orleans, LA 2017
- “The Use of Long Lasting HAs & Collagen Stimulators”–New Orleans, LA 2017
- “Ten Steps to a More Successful Rhinoplasty”–Sandestin, FL 2017
- “Simple Method for Tightening the Canthus”–Phoenix, AZ 2017
- “Effective Brow Lifting”–Phoenix, AZ 2017
- “Functional Rhinoplasty in the Treatment of Nasal Obstruction”–Sandestin, FL 2016
- “Upper Lip Enhancement: Height, Volume or Both?”–Atlanta, GA 2015
- “Achieving Effective Results in Browlifting”–Orlando, FL 2014
- “The Aging Forehead and Rejuvenation of the Brow”–Baton Rouge, LA 2009
As an Acadiana native in practice in Louisiana since 1993, Dr. Jeffrey J. Joseph has deep roots in his community and across the state. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of New Orleans and went on to obtain his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans in 1986. He completed his Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at LSU, New Orleans in 1992 and became board certified in 1993. He was then accepted into the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program, one of only 38 positions in the country. He successfully completed this fellowship under William E. Silver, MD in Atlanta, GA, in 1993 and became board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1997.
It was during his fellowship that he, along with Dr. Silver, published “Uniform Rhinoplastic Documentation,” which remains relevant today and is often utilized at facial plastic surgery meetings. Dr. Joseph is a frequent lecturer and sought- after educator. Additionally, he has served on numerous national committees with other prominent facial plastic surgeons from across the country. In addition to a career in medicine, Dr. Joseph is also a talented artist, primarily focused on acrylic and oil paintings. His art has graced the cover of the Hospice of Acadiana cookbook, has been featured as a label on a locally based wine, and can be seen in homes, businesses and restaurants throughout Louisiana. His artistic eye and skilled surgical hands set Dr. Joseph apart as he brings his passion for art and beauty to his patients and their results.
In 2003, Dr. Joseph was the only Louisiana facial plastic surgeon included in the book of nationally recognized cosmetic surgeons called “The Beauty Makers.” Dr. Joseph has been selected multiple times by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® – in the category of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Joseph holds a faculty appointment at LSU-New Orleans in the Department of Otolaryngology- Division of Facial Plastic Surgery and is passionate about education. Dr. Joseph’s practice primarily encompasses facial cosmetic and laser surgery, including rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, face and neck lifts; removal and repair of facial skin cancers; Botox, fillers and collagen stimulators. Facial plastic surgery can be extraordinarily complex. Dr. Joseph’s education, experience, confidence, aesthetic vision, and meticulous attention to detail ensure natural, beautiful results time and time again. In Practice Since 1993.
The team at Acadian ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery Center made my visit a very positive, informative & pleasant experience! The entire staff were welcoming & professional. My fear was taken from me by the knowledgeable information given me by the medical staff. I would highly recommend Acadian Ear, Nose, Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center to anyone in need of this type of medical care!
Recently I had to visit an ENT for the very first time. I had no idea what to expect and very little understanding of what my issues were. Everyone at Acadian ENT were absolutely a delight to work with. They were caring, professional and pleasant from the moment we walked in the door. Each person that we interacted with explained my symptoms & treatment thoroughly and with a smile. I can’t recommend this place enough. 10 stars!
The office facility is always bright and comfortable. The nurses, staff, practitioners, and doctors are very knowledgeable and courteous when explaining my health issues and insurance coverages. Great office of professionals.
Jeffrey Joseph manages to seamlessly orchestrate the premier plastic surgery center in the region. With his wit, wisdom, and boundless talent, he conducts a daily Meet and Greet in his offices, all the while meeting his clients’ needs, even before they know what they are seeking. He and his charming staff enfold their patients in the comfort and confidence of his practice. It’s so appropriate to give him a solid 5 stars.
Schedule an Appointment
"*" indicates required fields